New Phytologist Journal homepage (includes Author guidelines, Editorial contacts, Subscription information and much more)
Journal content online (New Phytologist, 1902 onwards, hosted online by Wiley Online Library)
New Phytologist ScholarOne Manuscripts submission site (submit or review an article for New Phytologist)
Follow us on Twitter for latest articles, news and updates.
Aims and Scope
New Phytologist offers rapid publication of high quality, original research in plant science. Falling within four sections –
Physiology & Development, Environment, Interaction and Evolution – articles cover topics that range from intracellular processes through to global environmental change. Cross-disciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged but for guidance the journal is organized as follows and recognizes that techniques from molecular and cell biology, and functional genomics through to modelling and system-based approaches will be applied across the whole spectrum of plant science:
- Physiology & Development: intra/inter-cellular signalling, long-distance signalling, physiology, development, eco-devo – phenotypic plasticity, transport, biochemistry.
- Environment: global change and Earth system functioning, environmental stress, ecophysiology, plant–soil interactions, heavy metals.
- Interaction: multitrophic systems, mycorrhizas and pathogens, fungal genomics, nitrogen-fi xing symbioses.
- Evolution: molecular evolution, population genetics, mating systems, phylogenetics, speciation, plant–enemy coevolution.
All papers must focus on timely research that provides new insights into the broad principles of plant science. The topic should be original, addressing clear hypotheses or questions and of general interest to our readers. In addition to original research articles, short Letters and other submissions to the Forum section, as well as Research reviews, Rapid reports and both Modelling/Theory and Methods papers, are also encouraged. Please refer to the full Author Guidelines for further information.
About New Phytologist
- New Phytologist is owned by the New Phytologist Trust, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of plant science, facilitating projects from symposia to open access for our Tansley reviews.
- We are committed to rapid processing, from online submission through to publication ‘as ready’ via Early View – our average time to decision is <26 days.
- There are no page or colour charges and a PDF version will be provided for each article. Authors may opt to make their article ‘open access’ by subscribing to the Wiley-Blackwell Online Open service.
- The journal is available online at Wiley Online Library. Visit www.newphytologist.com to search the articles and register for table of contents email alerts.
- If you have any questions, do get in touch with Central Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For submission instructions, subscription and all the latest information visit www.newphytologist.com.